Thank you for considering to welcome a stray into your life!
To help you decide whether we are the right rescue for you, please read these few key points before you apply:
- Most of our animals are in shelters in Romania, unless specified otherwise on their profile;
- The adoption donation for a cat is £280 (a supplement of £20 will be added if you live in Scotland, Wales, Devon or Cornwall) – this is put towards the cost of their travel, passport, microchip, vaccinations, tests and if old enough, spay/neuter. We kindly ask that you make the donation a couple of days in advance of welcoming your Stray.
- Timeframes: the entire adoption process can take a few weeks to a few months, depending on the cat. Please do NOT apply for a cat if you are not in a position to welcome a stray into your home within 4 to 6 weeks after applying, please apply when you are able to adopt. We will not reserve a cat for long periods of time.
- Before applying, please take the time to research the conditions for strays in Romania. These strays can make awesome members of the family, but they often need more patience and time than you would expect. Ask yourself honestly: Are you the right adopter to help a Romanian rescue?
- After you apply, a volunteer may contact you to discuss your application in more detail. Or we may create a Messenger Chat based solely on your application form. It is important to complete the form in as much detail as possible.
- It could take a few days, but we respond to everyone – we email, we text, we call you. Please check your spam if you have not heard from us within 4 days.
- We encourage you to read more about our adoption process (click here) or, if you are thinking of fostering, you can read more about what it involves here.
- If you are happy with the above, and you wish to apply, please complete the form below to be contacted by our team.